A Patch Editor for the Roland JD-Xi SynthesizerThe JDXi Manager is an easy-to-use, intuitive, modern looking software editor for the Roland JD-Xi synthesizer. Currently editing of the Analog Synth, the two Digital Synths and the Drums part of the JD-Xi is supported. It is designed to run on Microsoft Windows and on Linux.
The JDXi Manager is still work in progress and more features and functionality are being added with every new release.
Some features already implemented include:
- modern looking GUI with clear practical layout of controls
- real-time control of all parameters
- sliders can be controlled with the mouse scroll wheel
(just place the mouse pointer anywhere over a slider and scroll the mouse wheel up or down as required)
- save/load patches to/from disk
(when you load a patch from disk it will also be automatically loaded into the JD-Xi, not just into the editor)
- eight octave piano keyboard feature using your PC keyboard
(F1-F8 to select octave and Z,X,C,V,B,N,M for white keys and S,D,G,H,J for black keys, F9-F12 to select one of the four parts of the JD-Xi, also works with German and French PC keyboard layouts)
- near instant two-way full patch syncronisation between the editor and the edit buffer of the JD-Xi
('Dump to' and 'Read from' buttons)
- built-in 'Init Tones' for all four Parts
- resizable editor windows to suit almost any screen size
- custom sizes and positions of editor windows and MIDI port settings can be stored as defaults
(Edit>'Save Settings' in the Control Panel Menu)
- fully customisable colour scheme, fonts and size of controls
(alternative customisable 'skins' will be made available)
- more features to be added soon
The popular synthesizer related YouTube channel Ranzee AV now features a series of videos about the JDXi Manager!
Watch them here.
'JDXi Manager' is copyright © 2016-2017 LinuxTECH.NET, all rights reserved, the current version of this program is free for personal use but redistribution is strictly prohibited. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Roland is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
News and Updates:
To stay informed about the latest updates to our Roland JD-Xi Editor 'JDXi Manager' follow us on Twitter.
If you find the JDXi Manager useful and would like to show your appreciation for the hundreds of hours of work we have put into it, then you could make a monetary donation to us using PayPal:
Every donation is greatly appreciated and will encourage us to continue improving the JDXi Manager.
Windows version (current: 0.23 alpha) suitable for MS Windows XP (requires SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 and 64 bit
For the native Linux version see here.
(see release notes for list of changes)
If you are looking for a JD-Xi editor for Apple Mac OS X then see here (external link).
Questions and Support:
If you have any questions or suggestions about the JDXi Manager please post them on the Roland Clan Forums in the thread dedicated to the JDXi Manager here. Alternatively you could also write an email to:
Release Notes and Changelog
Version 0.23 alpha
This version is dedicated to Ikutaro Kakehashi, the founder of Roland who recently passed away.
- added suppport for loading and saving tone files from MacOS okJDXiEditor (.as .ds .dk files)
- editor pull-down menus now support the mousewheel on Windows (on Linux it was already supported)
- jump to current selection in editor pull-down menus when opening them
- added a MIDI panic button
(only affects notes sent over MIDI, not notes played on the JD-Xi keybed, this is a JD-Xi limitation)
- added Help menu item for direct acces to Roland JD-Xi manuals
- window layout and resizing behaviour improvements of the drum edtior window
- improved tab switching speed in the drums editor
- automatic check for updates at startup, will notify you with a pop-up message when new release available
(respects your privacy: the only information passed to the server is the current editor version number and the version number of Windows or Linux on which the editor is running. Can be disabled by the user if not wanted)
- fixed a bug that caused the part editor buttons not to show up in some circumstances
- fixed a minor MIDI related bug in the drums editor
- the Windows editor program file now has a stylish knob icon